Whether your assignment is to greet visitors, provide supplemental services in patient care areas, or helping staff with clerical work, you can make an important contribution to the hospital and the community.
The call for volunteerism is stronger than ever. You could make a huge difference in the lives of others as a volunteer for Providence Medical Center.
In addition to submitting an adult application (it may take 24 hours before application is received), the following requirements must be completed before becoming a volunteer:
- A personal interview must be conducted. (Note: completing the following process does not guarantee a placement for volunteering)
- A background investigation
- TB screening and during Flu Season, a Flu Vaccination
- Attend a hospital orientation, generally held the third Tuesday of each month from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Youth Volunteer Guidelines
Please provide the following information when applying for a Youth (application) volunteer opportunity:
Submit a copy of the Youth’s most recent grades.
All youth volunteers are required to be full vaccinated for COVID-19.
Submit a letter of referral as part of the application and acceptance process for volunteer services at Providence Medical Center/Saint John Hospital. Your letter must:
- be submitted by a teacher, councilor or professor of your choice
- be on school letterhead
- include the student’s full name
- include the number of years they have known the student, as well as in what capacity
- explain why they would recommend this student for the volunteer opportunity
- date, signature and position/title of the person writing the reference should be included