(Oct. 14, 2018 Leavenworth, Kan.) A family friendly Fall Festival will be held on the Saint John Hospital campus (3500 S South 4th Street, Leavenworth, Kan.,) on Saturday, Oct. 19, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The event features free screenings and fun activities for the entire family, including:
At the Pavilion:
- Teddy Bear Checks (For Kids 2 to 6 Years old). Emergency Room Staff will give teddy bears a health
check up! Kids receive a certificate! Height and weight checks for the kids.
- Cholesterol checks
- Blood pressure checks by PMG Leavenworth Family Care Group.
- 3D Mammography scheduling and breast care information.
- Saint John Surgery Center for tours and \safe surgery procedures and pain management information.
- Live Radio Station will be on site
- Inflatable Slide and face painting
At the Hospital:
- Live music by Acoustic Nights
- Free lunch for first 300 in attendance.
- Free pumpkins for first 150 kids in attendance and crafts for the kids
- Skilled Nursing Unit tours and adult strength and balance screenings by Rehabilitation Services.
- Tours of the Saint John Senior Behavioral Health Center and older adult and dementia resource information.
- Leg Vein and Quantaflo screenings from PMG Cardiology (First come first served. Limited availability.)
The activities will be spread throughout both the Saint John Hospital on the top of the campus hill and also in the Saint John Pavilion (on the bottom of the hill) near the Emergency Department and Surgery Center. If individuals visit all stops and complete a registration card, they will be entered into a drawing for some great prizes, including 4 tickets to an upcoming Chiefs Game.
“We are excited to show the people of Leavenworth, Lansing, and the surrounding communities the beautiful facility and great services we offer as a full service, local hospital,” said Paula Ellis, DNP, CARN, NEA-BC, Saint John CEO.