The Senior Behavioral Health Center has earned an excellent reputation for quality by offering a wealth of services for older patients, including:
- Evaluation. We’ll conduct a thorough physical and mental evaluation to determine what’s causing the behavioral and mental changes. We’ll check for any underlying medical or biochemical causes, using multiple tests to better evaluate each patient.
- Inpatient care. Our inpatient program provides psychiatric care and education in both group and individual therapy. The comprehensive program also assists seniors with social skills, problem solving and dealing with grief.
- Medical intervention. We offer 24-hour medical care, including medication monitoring, evaluation, adjustment and stabilization. Patients can be quickly transferred to acute services at Saint John, if needed.
- Family support. We encourage family members to participate in their loved one’s treatment, such as attending weekly treatment team meetings to learn about your loved one’s progress and to help determine the type of follow-up care after treatment. Families of patients also receive private, confidential counseling sessions with the clinical staff so they can help with their loved one’s recovery.
- Experienced staff. A psychiatrist leads your care team, which also includes social workers, nurses, occupational therapists, a music therapist and a clinical dietitian.
- After care. We’ll work to ensure a continuity of care after you leave the center. We might recommend a community-based program or outpatient therapy. If you need a more structured living arrangement after treatment, we will assist you and your family in contacting potential placements.
The Senior Behavioral Health Center is located at Saint John Hospital, 3500 S. 4th St., in Leavenworth, Kan. For more information, call our 24-hour help line at 913-680-6220.