Comments from Our Patients
- “Physical therapy gave my life back to me.”
- “Everything and everyone were the best.”
- “The therapists are excellent, they made my appointment time enjoyable and productive.”
Whether you were injured over a weekend game of football, have had a stroke or suffer from a gradual loss of hearing or vision, getting you back to your optimal level of functioning quickly and efficiently is the Number 1 priority of Saint John Rehabilitation Services department.
We provide comprehensive rehabilitation services to patients of all ages suffering from a variety of medical conditions and challenges. The staff is responsive to all levels of patient care needs. We serve inpatients, outpatients and those in the Senior Behavioral Health Center.
What to Expect
You, your family, and your physician are an integral part of the multidisciplinary team during and after the rehabilitation process. We work closely with your physician to ensure proper and timely communication, ultimately enhancing your continuity of care.
A particular focus during the rehabilitation process is preparing you for discharge by using home programs and community-related resources to assist in your return to regular life.
Common Conditions We Treat
Trained in the latest techniques to enhance your recovery, our staff can help you with:
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Spinal disorders
- Acute and chronic pain syndromes
- Sports and work-related injuries
- Arthritic conditions
- Neurological disorders
- Post-mastectomy conditions, including lymphedema
- Aphasia, dysphasia and swallowing problems
- Hearing deficits
- Repetitive motion disorders
- Communication and cognitive deficits
- Pelvic incontinence and pelvic pain
- Touch Therapy Programs
Learn more about: Audiology
Our Team of Experts
Our multidisciplinary team includes:
- Physical and occupational therapists/assistants
- Speech/language pathologists
- Massage therapists
Infant Massage Program
If you are a new parent, we offer infant massage classes designed to build positive family relationships and good communication skills. The program will help you become more sensitive to your child’s nonverbal signals and more confident in your parenting skills. A certified massage therapist with advanced training in pre and perinatal massage therapy teaches the class.