In a medical emergency, the sooner you can get help, the better. At Saint John Emergency Services, our highly skilled doctors and nurses stand ready to care for you and your family 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
Located in the Saint John Pavilion on South Fourth Street, north of the University of Saint Mary, you’ll find:
- A board certified physician in 11 minutes*
- Pediatric Children’s Comfort Room
- Senior Comfort Room
- Stroke Ready Certified facility
- Compassionate, specially trained nurses and and Paramedics.
- Convenient, on-site Imaging such as X-Ray and CT Scan
- Safe parking area with lights and security staff for assistance
We have board-certified doctors, specially-trained nurses and other skilled and experienced staff. Each of our ER nurses has received the following training: Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Trauma Nurse & Core Course, Pediatric Advance Life Support or Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course. Our team is equipped to handle a wide variety of illness and injury, including cardiac, orthopaedic and pediatrics. As part of a national health system, additional specialized care services are offered nearby at Providence Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan.
Our doors are always open, and we welcome everyone, including our military and their families.
The Saint John Emergency Room can be accessed through the north entrance of the Saint John Pavilion.
For directions on how to get to the Saint John campus read our Map & Driving Directions
For more information on Saint John Emergency Services, please call 913-680-6100.
Common Emergencies We Treat
- Broken bones
- Heart attacks
- Breathing problems
Be Ready to Answer These Questions
You can’t prepare for emergencies, but you can prepare for what to expect in the emergency room. Here’s what our nurses might ask on arrival:
- What medications are you taking?
- Are you allergic to anything?
- Could you be pregnant?
- When was your last tetanus shot?