Take the below Hearing Health Quick Test from the American Academy of Audiology. If you feel you have a hearing loss, please call us at 913-680-6180 to make an appointment with our Audiologist for further information.
- Do you find it difficult to follow a conversation in a noisy restaurant or crowded room? Yes No Sometimes
- Do you sometimes feel that people are mumbling or not speaking clearly? Yes No Sometimes
- Do you experience difficulty fol-lowing dialog in the theater? Yes No Sometimes
- Do you sometimes find it difficult to understand a speaker at a pub-lic meeting or a religious service? Yes No Sometimes
- Do you find yourself asking people to speak up or repeat themselves? Yes No Sometimes
- Do you find men’s voices easier to understand than women’s? Yes No Sometimes
- Do you experience difficulty understanding soft or whispered speech? Yes No Sometimes
- Do you have difficulty understand-ing speech on the telephone? Yes No Sometimes
- Does a hearing problem cause you to feel embarrassed when meeting new people? Yes No Sometimes
- Do you feel handicapped by a hearing problem? Yes No Sometimes
- Does a hearing problem cause you to visit friends, relatives, or neighbors less often than you would like? Yes No Sometimes
- Do you experience ringing or noises in your ears? Yes No Sometimes
- Do you hear better with one ear than the other? Yes No Sometimes
- Have you had any significant noise exposure during work, recreation, or military service? Yes No
- Have any of your relatives (by birth) had a hearing loss? Yes No
2 points for Yes
1 point for Sometimes
0 points for NoScores of
3 or more: May mean that you have a hearing problem.
Scores of 6 or more: Strongly suggest that a hearing check is warranted.